Monday, February 4, 2019

Buford Highway Trifecta

Jay and I planned a last minute date this past weekend when Gram offered to babysit. Jay has been wanting to take me to his gun range for a while now, so I planned an entire evening on Buford Highway. 


I had not been to a gun range since Jay trained me on a gun when I lived alone in Athens. I was looking forward to seeing where he spends so much time, but I was not optimistic that I would enjoy actually shooting the gun. Surprisingly I not only liked the experience, but I was also pretty good! The targets were close, but I hit the paper with every every shot! :)




Our next stop was Lee's Bakery for pho. I cannot believe it was my first time trying it because noodles and broth are one of my favorites. Jay had only gone once before, and we both left completely stuffed but ready to come back again soon.


My contribution to the date was appointments at Treat Your Feet. It was our second time going on a date, and it was the perfect ending to our Buford Highway tour. The hour long foot massage flies by, and we always wish it was longer. The hot stone portion makes the experience over the top in my opinion!


We agreed that our datenights need to always include multiple activities, so we do not simply go to dinner and arrive back home before 9pm!

The Baldwin Family hosted a Super Bowl party last night for five families, including a thousand children. We all had the best time eating yummy food, running around with friends, and chatting while not watching a second of the actual game.


This week's forecast looks incredible with temperatures in the high 60s. I always call it the February tease because next week we will have a blizzard. But until the ground is covered in snow, we are spending as much time as possible outside!




No comments:

Post a Comment