Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Weekend Warriors

The whole family was very busy this past weekend after days and days of rain.


Mary Marshall and I slipped away Friday afternoon for a Women's Retreat through Peachtree Presbyterian Church at the Lake Lanier Legacy Lodge. After being cooped up all week with rainy weather, it was a much needed get away. 


I was only gone one night, but three kids causes you to have to jigsaw together help to successfully attend all the practices, events, and games. Friday afternoon Grandmommy and Grandaddy came to help with Jacob and Maggie while Daddy took Tuttle to the Atlanta Hawks game to perform with his chorus. Maggie's teammate grabbed her for practice at the gym Friday evening while Jacob had one-on-one time at the house. Saturday Tuttle had an early soccer tournament game, and Maggie and Jacob stayed home with Grandmommy and Grandaddy since it was so cold. It takes a village.


I have the best husband that sent me straight to bed when I arrived home from the retreat, and I clearly needed it because I skipped dinner and slept from 7:30 until the next day.

Sunday morning the soccer tournament continued, and I cheered on Brookhaven FC to a shutout victory! Tuttle played goalie for the entire game and continues to prove his spot on the field.


This week has been filled with Mock Milestones, multiple projects, sports practices, a concert for Daddy, and cookie delivery. The days are long, but the years are short....

No comments:

Post a Comment