Friday, February 15, 2019

Dance Fever

The four school dances that I organized this week were so fun and successful! After three years of heading up the committee, it is now a well oiled machine, and I think I will continue it until Jacob graduates elementary school. I told the DJ he needs to stick with me until I roll off, as well. (He is really the best part of the event!) I added tables to make friendship bracelets this year instead of cards, and the school went through about 15,000 beads in two days- I think it was a hit!


Jacob tolerated three days of dance prep and a gym full of excited students while also skipping his nap. We were both ready for extra rest today!


Maggie attended her dance first on Wednesday. She asked a sweet boy in class to be her date and dragged him all over the gym without ever actually dancing. He was a good sport and even brought her a special Valentine's gift on Thursday. Glitter slime is definitely the way to Maggie's heart.




While Maggie on a field trip on Thursday, Tuttle had his dance. He also asked a girl to be his "date" and wanted to bring her flowers as a surprise. I just love Tuttle's classmates and hope I see them attending high school dances together, too!


Who wore it better?






Tuttle went home with a friend for bowling and a sleepover, and we kept the celebrating going at home. After eating endless cupcakes and cookies at school, it only  made sense to make a cake at home at 8:30pm. :)


Happy Valentine's Day 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment