Monday, September 16, 2019

Go Dawgs!

Daddy and I broke the kids out of school early on Friday to head to Athens for the weekend.


We wanted to get into town before afternoon traffic hit, and we arrived downtown for an early dinner at Little Italy. 


Our Saturday morning started early since kickoff was at noon. It was the perfect overcast day, so we were able to walk around campus a little bit without melting!


The Bulldawgs pulled out a big win against Arkansas State, but I had the real winning view from my seat! :)


We lasted until halftime thanks to ice cream and candy. 




We always love our family day during football season! 


Jay suggested that we go to Cali-n-Titos for lunch (my favorite!), so I could not pack up my things fast enough. I honestly think it is worth driving to Athens just to devour the Cubano Especial.




Once we returned to Granny's house, we sent the kids into the backyard to explore while we melted into the couch for some down time. Everyone headed to bed early, too!

We were in no rush to return home on Sunday, so we grabbed food at Inoko Express (there seems to be a clear food theme this weekend), and Daddy took the big kids downtown to shop while Jacob and I took a nap. It was another memorable weekend in Athens!

No comments:

Post a Comment