Thursday, February 13, 2020

Cupid Shuffle

We celebrated Valentine's Day a little early with school dances this week. I organized the occasion again this year, and although I am exhausted, all three events were a huge success!

I think I have the dances down to a science now, so it is pretty easy to get everything setup. One of the parents is an amazing DJ, so he brings most of the fun. I always have a refreshment area and a craft available for all the students. This year they made tissue paper flowers. I literally cleared the shelves of valentine cookies at Walmart. Other customers looked me at like I was crazy wheeling around my cart.


Maggie was ready to sparkle at her dance on Wednesday. She even wore her first pair of high heels. So fancy!





I was ready for bed right after school, but I made it until 8pm. I have so much more respect for our teachers after organizing an event at school. The children are so much fun, but also SO exhausting! :)

Jacob was a party animal since he attended all three dances plus the setup and cleanup. I barely saw him during the craziness, but he seems to fit right in and is 100% ready to start school at Ashford Park!



The older grades enjoyed their dance today. Tuttle asked a classmate, Julianna, to be his date and wanted to bring her flowers. I did not see them actually together at the dance (except to grab a photo!), but I loved that he wanted to recognize such a sweet friend.



The dances were over in a blur, but the students seemed to have a lot of fun! I hope I am helping creative lifetime memories of elementary school.



One mom commented that the aftermath of the dances looked like a frat party without the smell. I could not agree more!


I love these babies and showering them with love for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment