Monday, February 17, 2020

Seattle

We had the BEST weekend away in Seattle after a week long business trip for Jay. Gram kept all three kids (and the dog) for three days, so we could go on this adventure alone.


The flight was long, but I enjoyed every second with a book and on demand movies and shows. I did not care one bit that I was in the middle seat because I was ALONE. :)

After a quick nap at the hotel, Jay and I dressed up for a Valentine's Day dinner. The meal was okay, but the company made it the best!


We remained on east coast time for the weekend, so we were ready for bed early and up even earlier, but it allowed us to get out into the city by 9am to explore.

Our first stop was at Gap for a jacket since I failed to bring one to Seattle during the winter. :) 


We spent the next seven hours walking all over Seattle. It was perfect that everything was so close. We started in the Public Market for coffee and then headed to see the Sky Needle.



My favorite spot was checking out the Amazon Spheres. It is open to the public on the weekend, but during the week it is used as work space for Amazon employees. Jay was able to work there on Friday while I was traveling. The space is absolutely beautiful. 



We also grabbed a snack at the Amazon Go store where you scan your phone as you walk in with your Amazon account. You shop and walk out with your goods, and the store recognizes your purchases and charges your Amazon account without actually checking out a register. Welcome to the future!

My goal was to eat all weekend, so we headed back to the market for the most amazing bowl of clam chowder. It almost made me want to move to Seattle, so I could eat it everyday.


We promised the kids we would check out the gum wall. We did not add our own gum to the mess, but it was definitely something to see!


We grabbed a quick ride on the ferris wheel. The weather was rainy and foggy, but we still got a vast view of the city.


We returned to the market for more food, and Jay was invited to throw a fish at the Pike Place Fish Company. It is a popular tourist spot, and it was so much fun for Jay to take part in the tradition. I took a video, and the kids have loved watching Daddy's trick!

The weather turned a little more rainy, so we called it an early night and headed back to the hotel to relax and order room service because more food..... I loved having this adventure with my main squeeze! I hope to return to Seattle soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment