Friday, March 9, 2012

Talking Explosion


I swear that Tuttle is growing up right before my eyes. Everyday he looks less like a baby and more like a big boy. In the last few weeks, he talking has exploded! I read in a parenting magazine that a child should say between 50 to 70 words at age 18-24 months. I thought that sounded like a lot until I started listing Tuttle's current vocabulary. He is definitely right on target. :)

I wanted to list some of my favorite things about Tuttle right now:

1. He LOVES singing songs. His favorites are "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," "ABCs," "The Rocket Ship Song- Zoom, Zoom," "The Muffin Man," "Five Little Monkeys," and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." I frequently sing to him in the car or during a diaper change. After each song, he claps and says, "More!"

2. His favorite animals are cats and elephants.

3. One of his favorite books is No, David. On the page where David picks his nose, Tuttle always copies David and picks his nose. No, Tuttle!!

4. He loves to scream "Bye!" to people at the grocery store, library, or park when we leave.

5. He enjoys pointing out and saying certain body parts: hair, eyes, nose, teeth, and ears. 

6. He has a train OBSESSION and will chase Jay around the house with his trains screming, "Chugg-a-Chee!" until Jay will play with him. He likes it best when Jay pushes the trains so hard that they fly off the table. Tuttle shouts, "Oh, no!" each time.

7. Whenever I get out the vacuum, Tuttle runs to his playroom to get his vacuum to help.

8. Tuttle loves throwing things away. He is actually very good about only throwing away trash and not his toys. 

9. The cutest words he says:

Oh, no!
Elephant
More
Gone, gone!
Train
Sorry
Thank (for Thank You!)
Cheese (for Please)
Truck
Shoe
Sock
Teeth
Smelly
Night

10. I honestly miss Tuttle the moment I put him to bed. He goes to bed between 6:45-7:00 now. Otherwise he wakes up too early and may wake up during the night. There is not a terrible two's toddler living at this house! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment