Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pampering and Puzzles

This weekend Maggie and I started the fun with manicures and pedicures. Maggie has been asking to go back ever since we went a few months ago. She requested blue polish for her toes and pink polish for her nails. The sweet nail technician even offered to add sparkles. :)


Before we left for the nail salon, I made a big deal about how it was a special morning for Mommy and Maggie. There were no boys allowed. At one point a man walked into the salon to get a pedicure, and Maggie announced, "Mommy, there is a boy. No boys allowed!" Maggie obviously decided to bring her sassiness on our outing. 


Next I dropped off Maggie at the house and went straight to a massage. I never allow myself any treats, so it was so relaxing to sneak away for an hour of pampering!

Jay came up with the best idea to purchase a large puzzle for the family to complete. I grew up putting puzzles together with my family, especially on vacations, so I absolutely loved introducing the activity. We started with a smaller 300 piece puzzle, and everyone got in on the action.


We successfully finished the puzzle today! :) Tuttle stayed dedicated during the entire project and way so proud! Jay purchased a 1000 piece Yoda puzzle for our second attempt. He worked on it pretty independently for a few hours and completed the border. I think the Yoda one will take us MUCH longer than our airplane scene. 


Tuttle and Maggie played so sweetly all day that I suggested their first sleepover in Tuttle's room tonight. Maggie could not have been more excited. The kids do not have school tomorrow due to MLK Day, so I thought it was a perfect time to try it out since I could move Maggie back to her room if necessary, and both could sleep in. So far, so good......


 We are looking forward to a playdate tomorrow with some sweet friends that we have not seen since this past summer, Witt and Polly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment