Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tuttle

I want to devote an entire blog post to Tuttle. He is having such a great week, and I wanted to brag on my sweet boy. :)

On top of balancing piano lessons and basketball practice, we added swim lessons into the mix this week. I am completely determined to have Tuttle independently swimming by this summer, so we are starting early and expect to continue lessons until the weather warms up and the outdoor pool officially opens. Last summer Tuttle came very close to swimming by himself, but I still had to be close by in the deeper water. I want him to be a little fish this year!


We lucked out with the aquatics director as Tuttle and Gigi's swim instructor for their private lessons. I cannot wait to see how much Tuttle will learn from Coach Katie.

Tuttle has been loving all the building toys that he received for Christmas. I am trying to rotate the sets, so everything continues to feel fresh. Yesterday Tuttle amazed me with his creativity in building a soccer field complete with goals, players, scoreboard, and benches. He worked on it all afternoon and even requested to continue his project during quiet time today. His attention to detail and clever designs would make him a fantastic architect one day. :)


Today I joined Tuttle's Pre-K class on a field trip to the Center for Puppetry Arts. We watched The Big Bad, Little Red, Pig Show. Tuttle was literally cracking up almost the entire time. I love hearing my little boy so happy. Maggie was in school, so I was able to devote my entire attention to Tuttle. It was a perfect morning with the Dragon class.


I cannot believe that Tuttle will be in elementary school in about seven short months. I want to soak up every second with him. He is growing up way too fast for my liking. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment