Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Back to Life

I unfortunately came down with strep throat the night that Tuttle came home from the hospital from his surgery. It was awful. I kept a steady high temperature for three days until I finally went to Minute Clinic for an antibiotic. I hated that I was not able to comfort Tuttle. Jay was such a HUGH HELP. He took care of Tuttle and me, kept Maggie entertained, and managed to work from home, as well. 

Tuttle's recovery was a little longer than we had anticipated. The doctor had told us that he would feel back to normal the next day, but it took about two full days until he was not sore anymore. I felt so bad that he was uncomfortable. 

Luckily Maggie had the chance to spend the night with Gram on Friday. She had been the sweetest girl during the sickness and recovery days. She played independently for hours on end. When Gram called to see how she could help, I immediately suggested that she spend some time with Maggie. Maggie could not get out the door fast enough. I was ready to see Moo when she returned.


I decided that we had to return to the land of the living on Saturday, so we ventured to Tate's birthday party at Little Chef's Academy. Tuttle was able to learn how to make a pizza from scratch, including decorating it with toppings. He was the only child at the party to pick black olives for his pizza. :)



I let Jay off the hook for Mother's Day. He had been the best Daddy for three days taking care of the family, so he needed some time alone to recover himself. :) I took the kids to Toys-R-Us, so Tuttle could spend his birthday gift card from Larry and Beth. It should come as no surprise that he chose Legos. Maggie found a little kit to take home, too.


I am so lucky to be Tuttle and Maggie's mommy. I tried to soak up every moment of a normal Sunday with my babies this year. 


We have hit the ground running this week with preparing for the preschool silent auction on Saturday, attending soccer practice/gymnastics/swim lessons, and trying to get the house back in order after being dead for four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment