Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend. Friday was my last day keeping Gigi, and now I am officially a SAHM to Tuttle and Maggie. I have been nannying for SIX years since I was pregnant with Tuttle, so this new adventure will take some getting used to. I am very lucky that Jay supports my dream to stay home with my babies. :)

Saturday Maggie had a birthday party in the morning for a preschool friend, and later we met up with some friends for a picnic at Piedmont Park. It was also the Jazz Festival, so the park was full of people and excitement. We love getting out to people watch.



Sunday Daddy worked on his newest helicopter project, and we went on a bike ride and checked out Tuttle's new school.


 
We had such a successful bike trip that we fit into another one on Monday after Daddy worked all morning at Starbucks. Tuttle is getting a lot better controlling his bike and has gotten over his major fear of hills. I am hoping the training wheels will be off by the start of Kindergarten.

Since rain was in the forecast, I packed up the car to head to Madison before dinner. Our dog, Bella, was scheduled for an amputation on her leg today due to cancer, and her vet in is Madison. She had surgery a few months ago to remove the tumor, but it came back aggressively, and she was unable to walk with the leg at all. I will update on our sweet Smelly as soon as possible. Any prayers are very much appreciated.



The kids and I are making the most of our trip to visit Grandmommy and Grandaddy. We will be here until Thursday to help Bella settle into recovery. We ventured downtown today for ice cream and a little exploring.





We are so lucky to spend Memorial Day weekend with our family and friends. Thank you to all the brave men and women that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment