Monday, May 18, 2015

Taste of Summer

I cannot believe this is the LAST week of school! I literally blinked and the year was over. I am so looking forward to all the extra time with Tuttle and Maggie that I get during the summer months, and we started with some fun outdoor fun this past week.




The Brookhaven Food Trucks started back up Wednesday. I have gotten smarter over the past few food truck seasons, and now I pack a dinner for the kids and treat them to King of Pops at the park. They are so excited to run around with their friends that they do not eat a normal dinner, and it got expensive to throw away food from the food trucks. :) I tried a new truck this year that served flatbread pizzas. I devoured my favorite- Hawaiian! I grabbed Jay some yummy tacos for him to eat once he got home from work.



We were invited over to our sweet friends' house for a cookout Friday evening. I absolutely love Alyssa. We are different in almost every way, but we mesh so well. Tuttle had a blast dressing up in various superhero costumes and battling in the backyard while Maggie discovered a flower girl princess costume. She was so enchanted with her outfit that Alyssa let Maggie borrow it. Maggie's face was priceless when we told her that she could take it home. She even slept in it!



I have been working for months on the preschool spring fundraiser. I coordinated class baskets for a silent auction, and it finally all came together this weekend. I am very happy to have all the basket items out of my living room and dining room! Although I was stressed out at multiple times during the planning, the event was a HUGE success. I am waiting on the final count of the money we raised, but I know we surpassed our goal.

Stacey and I displayed the baskets Thursday and Friday at the school, and we moved them to the event space on Saturday. I dropped off the final baskets to the winners today! Yeah!!



Tuttle was able to bring home the class stuffed pet for one last visit this weekend. Puff traveled with us to organize auction baskets, cheered for Tuttle at his soccer game, and played with Tuttle and Maggie while I cleaned on Sunday. He also took a much needed bath in the washing machine!


We cannot wait for lazy summer mornings, pool time, and beach trips! Bring on summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment