Sunday, May 31, 2015

PDK Air Show

Since Bella is still recovering from her surgery, we stayed close to the house this weekend. Luckily there was a great activity within walking distance: The Good Neighbor Day Air Show at Peachtree Dekalb Airport. I cannot believe we have lived her over 5 years and never attended. It was fantastic!

We strolled over to the show around 3pm with our friends, Val and Charles. As soon as we got there, we were greeted by planes zooming overhead. We could not keep our eyes off all the flips and tricks. Since Jay's hobby is building remote control helicopters, he was in Heaven. 



We filled the afternoon with exploring planes, running into neighbors, and enjoying some treats- including ice cream truck classics, a funnel cake and fried Oreos. It was the perfect afternoon.




This is how Maggie really felt about photos on the wing of the plane before I bribed her with a Hello Kitty ice cream treat. :)


We successfully made it to church this morning, too! I wish I could get in a good routine with attending weekly because I always feel so refreshed. I am hoping that I will get motivated now that I am officially a stay at home mom. I know the kids enjoy going! Maggie still insists on going to "Big Church," and Tuttle confidently walks right his Pre-K Sunday School classroom each time.


Since last week was devoted to Smelly's surgery and recovery, this will be our first official week of summer vacation. Bring on the pool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment