Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mission Complete

Tuttle has already experienced such a special week, and it is only Wednesday! The first success was completing his first school project. While I know there will be many more projects throughout his schooling, I was thrilled to help him with his kindergarten take home activity. His goal was to disguise Mr. Turkey, so the farmer would not be able to cook him for a Thanksgiving meal. Tuttle settled on creating a magician, and we worked together one afternoon after school. I tried my best to let him participate as much as possible despite my desire for perfection. :)


The following day he told me a 2-4 sentence story describing his turkey's disguise while I dictated it on a separate sheet of paper. He then copied the story in his own handwriting to turn into his teacher. The turkey projects will be displayed in the cafeteria during the Thanksgiving feast tomorrow at school.


Maggie and I picked up Tuttle from Run Club today where he received a medal and t-shirt for finishing the fall season. He was already asking for me to sign him up for the spring season as soon as we got in the car. His parent volunteer coaches, Ms. Amanda, Ms. Jenny, and Ms. Dawn made Run Club so special for Tuttle. We are extremely lucky to have such a strong parental involvement at his school. Hopefully I can help more in the spring since I will not be eight months pregnant!

After Run Club, we headed straight for karate. Today's karate class was the most special part of the week. Tuttle was receiving his orange belt after attending 40 classes. He has been working toward this milestone since the summer, and he was eager to tell EVERYONE at the karate studio that he was receiving his orange belt today! Aunt Peach and Holland came to cheer on Tuttle for the big day. Unfortunately the horrible weather kept Grandmommy and Grandaddy at home, but I know they were cheering for him in spirit!


Tuttle was the lead student today and even was able to demonstrate some skills as an example to his fellow classmates. At the conclusion of class, Maggie and I were able to enter the room to watch Tuttle receive his orange belt. His grin was so sweet during the little ceremony. He could not have been more proud!


Karate has been such a positive addition to Tuttle's life. I am very satisfied that we made the commitment, and I cannot wait to see how Tuttle progresses. Mommy and Daddy are very proud of our boy!


Everyone is looking forward to celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday now. We will start the festivities with school feasts this week. We have so much to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment