Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We celebrated such a wonderful Thanksgiving with both sides of our family this year. We kept our tradition of celebrating with Jay's family on Thursday and my family on Saturday.

Everyone enjoyed some unseasonably warm weather all week, and we took the opportunity to take some sweet family pictures outside in Madison.



Even though Holland was not loving the photo op, I know we will laugh at this picture in 10 years. :)



I just adore this picture of Maggie and Grandmommy. That little girl loves her family so much!



Grandmommy decorated a beautiful table this year, and she even gave me the large vase after Thanksgiving after I complimented it several times!


After stuffing ourselves, the kids attempted to break the wish bone. Daddy made sure the event was fair for both kids, but in the end the wish bone did not want to break for anyone.


We are so thankful for these turkey cousins this year. Next year Jacob will be added to the mix. He was still baking in the oven this year. Only 7 weeks to go!


We stayed in Madison for an extra day to ride bikes and the go-cart, help Grandmommy decorate for Christmas, and be lazy in our pajamas. Maggie and Tuttle soaked up staying up extra late each night.

On Saturday we drove to Gram and Grumps' house for our Thanksgiving dinner. I made Tuttle and Maggie take the required sibling pictures before the meal began. Tuttle is slowly coming around tosmiling for me. :)



I did not take very many pictures during the event because the lighting is so bad for photography inside the house, but I did grab a few sweet ones.



The grandmothers sat at the kids' table. It was such a nice break for us to be able to participate in adult conversation without our babies needing something!


My grandma will celebrate her 95 birthday on Monday! She is still sharp as a tack, too! Here she is with all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. 


Jay and I talk about how much we have to be thankful for on a daily basis. We are one blessed family. Happy Thanksgiving 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment