Friday, January 1, 2016

Wrapping Up The Holidays

We celebrated out last Christmas celebration this past Sunday with the Corbitt family at Larry and Beth's house. It was a success, as usual, but I think my favorite part was watching Maggie and Tuttle play with Gwen and Silas. It has taken a few visits for the crew to warm up to each other, but they were playing and running around like best friends all evening. It is perfect timing since the Giordano family just moved back to Atlanta from Philadelphia.


I am in FULL nesting mode right now and took down our Christmas tree even before we celebrated on Sunday, but on Monday was my big day to organize the new toys that Maggie and Tuttle received from family and Santa. Tuttle had been selected by his karate instructor to attend their winter camp for free due to his good attitude and dedication during his classes, so Maggie helped me organize. I was thrilled with our "Before" and "After" pictures!


We are so proud of Tuttle for his commitment to karate, and I discovered that he had won a sparing tournament at his camp when I picked him up on Wednesday! He loves karate and is improving each week. He is our favorite karate kid!


Since Tuttle was at camp, I signed Maggie up for gymnastics camp on Wednesday and Thursday, as well. Jay and I were able to fit in a little lunch date on Thursday at one of our favorite spots, Souper Jenny. 


Daddy took the week off, and he has been able to get a TON of things done around the house. We both saw this week as the last opportunity to get ready for Jacob's arrival. Daddy set up his crib and video monitor in the nursery and the pack-n-play in our room. It is definitely not organized to the last detail like it was for Tuttle's arrival, but Jacob will have a place to sleep, diapers, and formula. We are just trying to stay true to "Third Child Syndrome." :)


We are looking forward to 2016 and our lives as a family of FIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment