Friday, January 5, 2018

Bulldawgs and Back to Routine

New Year's Eve has changed significantly since our younger days. This year consisted of playing Pie Face and being in bed by 10pm. We did manage to stay awake until midnight to start 2018 with a kiss, but then we immediately went to sleep! :)


Our Georgia Bulldawgs pulled off an AMAZING win at the Rose Bowl to take them to the National Championship next week. We watched our team march to victory at Aunt Peach and Uncle Drew's house. They provided the most delicious food (including a mouthwatering gumbo) which did not do well for my resolution, but I could not resist it! 



The game was long, but it was worth every second. The kids played the entire time and were ready for bed when we left at 10pm. I do not think Jacob has ever been up that late!


The weather is so abnormally cold right now, so everyone was ready to return to routine on Thursday. All three babies went back to school, I was able to pack up most of Christmas, and the maids came. It was just what I needed to regain my sanity after two weeks of holiday madness.


I think the best part of our week was finally getting our furnace replaced after FIVE days with no heat. Not surprisingly our company received a lot of calls during this weather, so we survived with a fire and space heaters while we waited our turn for service. I will never take heat for granted again!

No comments:

Post a Comment