Thursday, January 18, 2018

Camp Glisson

I have looked forward to the time that my own children could attend my childhood summer camp, and that time has finally come! Tuttle is registered for Camp Glisson for this upcoming summer. Gram and I planned a day trip to tour the camp and grab lunch in downtown Dahlonega.

Our original plan to visit The Smith House for lunch had to change since it was closed for the holiday, but we found a perfect little ice cream parlor that worked for my rowdy bunch.



The kids were eager to finish their lunch, so they could get a treat. Tuttle's ice cream was almost as big as he was, and he ate almost the entire thing!


Gram checked that we could walk around Camp Glisson earlier in the week. We had the camp to ourselves and walked throughout the campus. While most of the buildings were there that I remembered, there were many new and updated spots including a new dining hall and archery area (Tuttle's favorite!). So many memories flooded back to me as we explored. I cannot believe I have a child old enough to have the same wonderful summers at Camp Glisson as I did!


I showed the kids where they would start the creek walk with their living groups which was such a highlight of my week at camp, and we walked the path along the creek until we reached the final destination: Cane Creek Falls. Tuttle and Maggie were both in awe that they could swim in the water at the base of the waterfall.

Maggie was just as thrilled to check out the camp. She is counting down the time until she can sign up, too!


Despite the cold weather, the visit to Dahlonega was such a success and really made Tuttle's upcoming summer more of a reality. Thank you so much, Gram, for our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment