Thursday, March 1, 2018

Athens Girls' Weekend

My much anticipated girls trip to Athens did not disappoint. A group of my mom friends and I took advantage of every minute (Daddy worked from home, so I could leave early Friday morning!), and we ate too much food and stayed out way too late for three days. We may be old ladies compared to the rest of the Athens crowd, but we can still celebrate a weekend away! :)


Friday evening we tried out a new restaurant called Seabear Oyster Bar, and we spent the rest of the weekend talking about how delicious the food was! We split the meal and ordered almost everything on the menu. I could not get enough of the raw oysters and crab and shrimp cakes. Yum!


We ventured downtown after dinner and tried a couple of spots that brought back so many college memories for me. While an 80's style bar occupied a lot from my college nights, it has been replaced with a 90's bar now, and we all danced the night away both nights. 

Our lazy Saturday morning resulted in a late lunch downtown and some shopping before returning to the house to get ready for dinner at Last Resort. It is a requirement to eat there if you come to Athens. We sat outside on the patio and clearly had the best time chatting because it was 3.5 hours before we got up to leave. 




I am so lucky to call these girls my friends. Most of us have been close since our first babies were born over 7 years ago. Although we are all at different schools now and schedules have us all over the place, we always pick up right where we left off. I cannot wait to make more memories soon. Hopefully a beach trip is in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment