Monday, March 5, 2018

Dr. Seuss Week

The kids celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday with Read Across America Week at school and daily spirit days inspired by favorite Seuss books. 

Monday's theme was Fox In Socks with crazy sock day.


Tuesday was Green Eggs and Ham, and the students wore green clothes.


Oh, The Places You Will Go was read on Wednesday, and the students wore clothes to represent their favorite college. I was just excited to go get doughnuts after school. :)



I missed a photo on Thursday because the kids received mustaches at school to read The Lorax.

Friday's book was Cat and the Hat, and Tuttle and Maggie wore stripes!


I dealt with my own animated story at home while Jacob committed to the terrible 2's with a lot of tantrums. I am in uncharted territory here because Tuttle and Maggie never threw fits.


Jacob knows how to balance it. Right when I think I am going to give up, he just shows his extra sweet and adorable side.




I somehow managed to finish submitting my items for the local consignment sale, and it has been my most profitable season yet. It ends on Saturday, but I am already so happy that I participated!


We were also able to support our sweet friend, Caroline, with her fight with brain cancer at Ihop's National Pancake Day fundraiser. Free pancakes and the chance to help children like Caroline was a win/win for us!


We are geared up for another week, and the kids are adding more sports to the mix: Run Club and soccer. Say a little prayer for us as we adjust to our new crazier schedule!


We are already a little nutty at the Thorne home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment