Sunday, March 18, 2018

Checked All The Boxes

This past week was full of conferences, sports, quotes for our upcoming renovation, an ENT appointment, and setting up a hospitality room for Career Day at school. The entire week was a whirlwind, but luckily everything was completed on time!


We met with a new ENT doctor to check on Jacob's persistent ear infections. His hearing was analyzed, and it did not seem to be affected much by the infections, but he is scheduled for ear tube surgery the Friday before we leave for Disney. Luckily it is such a routine surgery, so he will be back to normal as soon as the anesthesia wears off. In true Jacob fashion, he will be the first of my three children to tackle tubes. His medical record has kept me on my toes since Tuttle and Maggie never had HFM, thrush, the flu as a baby, or ear tubes. 


Tuttle and Maggie both conducted student-led conferences after school. They shared work they were proud of, showed me unique ways they use technology in the classroom, and discussed strengths and weaknesses. I was very impressed that they could reflect on themselves as students and clearly discuss it with me.


The highlight of Maggie's week was creating a leprechaun trap to bring to school. The students set up the traps before leaving for specials and returned to a huge mess that a mischievous leprechaun left behind- glitter thrown all around, upside down chairs, pieces of red beard dropped, and unsuccessful traps set off with bait strewn around. I absolutely love the memories that the teachers make for my children. I know this will be one they will never forget!


As the entire family was walking out the door on Saturday for Tuttle's soccer game, it started raining heavily and a text was sent to cancel the game. We decided to grab lunch at Lucky's Burgers since we were already set to go out. The rain was short lived, and after naps, we spent several hours outside enjoying the warm spring weather. A family walk wrapped up our evening, but sadly it included a major scooter fall for Tuttle when he lost control down a big hill. A sweet neighbor stopped to check on him until we caught up.

Today I took the kids to church while Daddy got some work done at Starbucks. I thought Jacob look adorable, but Daddy teased me about the fabric ruffle on his collar. I explained that it is a boy ruffle, and he responded that I cannot just put "boy" in front of everything to make it acceptable. :)



Maggie and I were able to sneak off to Gram's house for a wedding shower today. I love spending time with my mom's BEST friends. Maggie spent most of the time playing Barbies in the basement with another daughter attending the shower. They were such sweet little girls together.



My mom has just finished a bathroom renovation at her home, and they looked beautiful. We are getting closer to starting our own renovation, and while I am nervous about the whole process, I cannot wait to see the end results!

No comments:

Post a Comment