Saturday, March 24, 2018

What A Weekend!

I cannot believe how much activity my little family has packed into the weekend, and it is only Saturday! I am including our crazy Friday since everyone is really on weekend mode by then anyway. 

Our Friday started out early with the kindergarten egg hunt at the elementary school. It was also hat day which was a double win for Maggie! The hunt was in the courtyard and was fast and furious. Maggie found her twelve eggs right away and was completely surprised by Ms. Fleming's stuffed animal and book gift.


Jacob and I went home right after the event to meet Gram and head to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. She had given Jacob a membership for his birthday in January, but we waited until it was warm enough to enjoy to actually purchase it. I knew we needed to act quickly to enjoy the tulips. It always sneaks up on me how early they bloom!




It was a chilly morning, but the flowers did not disappoint. The orchid room was unbelievable. I cannot keep a plastic plant alive, so I am so lucky to have the botanical gardens so close by. We wrapped up the visit with some time in the children's garden. Jacob could have spent all day crossing the rope bridge, climbing on the snake trail, barreling down the slide, and exploring the bird nest treehouse. We cannot wait to return with Tuttle and Maggie!



As soon as the kids got off the bus, the babysitter arrived, and I scooted off to a much needed haircut. I absolutely love my cut- it might be my favorite style ever! I hopped in the car right after the appointment to meet my mom and her friends in Kennesaw (a 1.5 hour drive with traffic!) for a wedding shower to honor Brittany. I lucked out spending time with all these special people twice in a week!


Our Saturday morning required an alarm clock to arrive to our church's Great Day of Service on time. We only had an hour to volunteer, but the kids accomplished so much in that short time. Tuttle and Maggie painted compassion rocks to hide in the community, packed 1000 snack bags for a local children's charity, organized donated food for the local food pantry, created cards for a homeless recovery group, and assembled Easter baskets for a children's home. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had to rush off to Tuttle's soccer game.




I failed to snap any pictures during the game, but it was one of our best games to date. We played a difficult team with players MUCH bigger than our crew, but the boys hustled, held their own on the field, and ended with a tied game after Tuttle's teammate scored on a penalty kick at the end of the game. I could not believe how invested I was in the game. I spent the entire hour yelling and biting my nails. :)

After naps at the house and some playtime in the yard, we ventured to the Cherry Blossom Festival at Blackburn Park. While we have attended for several years, it was significantly larger this year. The sun warmed everything up, and it finally felt like spring might be here to stay. 



Since we are leaving for Disney on Easter, we will be celebrating our "Easter" tomorrow during Palm Sunday. Even though it will be a little cold in the morning, my entire family will be dressed in their best to fulfill my Easter picture requirements. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment