Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas- Part II

After a whirlwind visit in Madison/Athens, we continued the celebration at my mom and stepdad's house in Marietta. Jay and I both enjoy how differently our families celebrate holidays. Since my extended family is much smaller, we have cozier and more intimate get-togethers compared to Jay's HUGE extended family with continuous noise and excitement. :)

We saved Tuttle's big gift for my parents' house, so we did not have to transport it to Madison only to bring it back again to Atlanta. I could not wait for our little boy to see it! It was his dream come true: HIS OWN TRAIN TABLE!!



This gift was so special for several reasons: My stepdad constructed a train table for Tuttle from scratch. He can literally make/fix anything perfectly! Also, the kids I nannied for two years passed down all their Thomas trains and train tracks. Their generosity toward Tuttle and me continues to amaze me. I love that family!! Thank you, Stella and Dylan!!

Caught in the Act!


After a yummy dinner of chili and turkey roll-ups, we headed to the living room to open gifts. Because my family is so small, we continue to buy gifts for everyone. I love this tradition since I LOVE finding the perfect gift for each person. It was also exciting to add Baby Gwen to the mix this year!


Beth, Robb, and Emily
 

Dave and Mom- SUCH a GREAT picture!
 

Anne and Tricia
 

The holiday season really flew by this year, but we made some great memories! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Can't wait for next year, when we have one more to add to the fun!

    ReplyDelete