Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the Mend

After five miserable days and nights, I think we are finally recovering from the double ear infection/nasty cough/runny nose/fever. I know Tuttle is relived that his sick days are behind him for now, and I am VERY happy to return to my own comfy bed and sleep through the night. I know in seven months I will be up with a new baby multiple times a night, but I can wait until then for more 3am wakeup calls. :)


***On a side note, Tuttle's new favorite pastime is locking himself inside of my room, his room, or the bathroom. This resulted in a frantic sleep-deprived momma running to the leasing office Friday for assistance to get him out while he sobbed on the other side of the door. Jay's lesson on how to unlock the door with his little tool set did not register with me during the episode.
 
We do not have any exciting weekend plans to report since Tuttle is still a little off his schedule and battling his awful cough, but I am happy to report we are seeing signs of a happy toddler once again. We did venture out today to eat at Chickfila, get our little boy a haircut for all his photo ops at Christmas, and pick up our weekly groceries. 

Yes, I let my son play with dangerous toys, including screwdrivers.

I think Jay and I need to go ahead and start a "Braces Fund." Unlike Jay who never wore braces, Tuttle takes after his crooked teeth momma!

Just what Daddy needed after a long week with a sick boy-SCOTCH!

Crossing my fingers that Tuttle is well enough to attend my girls' Christmas party tomorrow night! :)

1 comment:

  1. This was the funniest blog. The combination of your words, and the silly poses from father and son made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete