Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tuttle's First Trip to the Movies

 Since school is out for the holidays, I have watched the kids that I nanny each week for longer periods of time, so I have planned fun field trips. The kids have so much built up energy this close to Christmas, so it was perfect to venture out of the house.

On Wednesday, we went to Leaping Lizards for the kids to jump and run around. It has also been VERY rainy this week, so it was a MUST to find a place with open space to play. Tuttle has really become a big boy and will climb into the jumpy houses and mazes by himself. He LOVES it! Plus, it provides LONG naps in the afternoon!!

On Thursday, I took the kids to see the new Chipmunks movie. Although Tuttle went to movies when he was an infant, this was his first official movie because he actually stayed awake and watched it. 

I was a little apprehensive about how it would go--would he sit still? would he get too tired so close to his naptime? would the movie keep his interest AT ALL?

It was an absolute SUCCESS!! :) 


He sat in his own seat munching on his popcorn. Next time, I may skip the previews because it adds about 30 minutes to the time that a toddler has to sit still, but we will definitely be back. :)

We arrived in Madison at Grandmommy and Granddaddy's last night to celebrate Christmas. It is such a luxury to be able to have so much help with Tuttle. I actually slept in until 9:45 this morning!


I cannot wait to see what Santa leaves under the tree tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment