Saturday, December 3, 2011

Marietta Tour of Homes

Jay and I are enjoying a baby-free weekend! Friday night, we went to dinner at my favorite restaurant in Atlanta- Goldfish! Yum! We both value dinner alone so much now, and it really makes me realize why I fell in love all over again. :)

This morning, my mom and I got up extra early to meet her friends for the Marietta Tour of Homes. My mom is part of the most wonderful and caring group of women. They refer to themselves as the BEST group, and the name fits them perfectly. Every women in the group has celebrated all the milestones in my life from my wedding to my first baby. I am thrilled I could tag along during their annual Christmas outing. 


We saw six historic homes in Marietta, each with their own unique stories and decorating style. 

 
Even though photography is not technically allowed, I snapped away! How could I resist? I just waited until I was in a new room without a tour guide to get another shot. I may be on Santa's "Naughty List" now!

Every house had beautifully set tables complete with Christmas china.

What a cute advent calendar! Each tab had a holiday activity for the family to do together!!

Burlap on the trees was definitely a trend this year. This tree was very cute in particular. It was in the kitchen of one of the homes and displayed measuring spoons and other cooking utensils.

Everyone took a minute to warm up in front of this cozy outdoor fireplace.

I am stealing this idea for next year. It was a burlap table runner with handprint trees on either side. Next year we will have two sets of little hands to decorate both ends! :)

My mom is the best!!

Because I know this blog is really about Tuttle, I wanted to share my attempt at replicating a photo I saw. Not perfect, but a fun shot. I cannot wait to start photography lessons in January to learn more about capturing that perfect picture!

The countdown to Christmas has officially begun! Happy December!!

No comments:

Post a Comment