Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chicken and Ribs

Every year we look forward to Jason Green's Chicken and Ribs party to celebrate his birthday. Saturday we piled the whole family into the car to head to Athens for the annual event.

Maggie was dressed and ready to party!

 
I insisted that we grab lunch at Cali-n-Tito's while we were in Athens. I have literally been craving their Cuban Special sandwich for MONTHS. It has ham, hotdogs, egg, cheese, mayo, and jalapenos in it, and it is DELICIOUS. The restaurant has such a fun atmosphere, and Tuttle loved it so much that he did not eat a bite!




Chicken and Ribs had a great turnout. Jay and I had such a great time relaxing in the Green's backyard, and the kids were both so well behaved the entire afternoon.





 Tuttle is officially at the age where he runs around with the other kids and is very independent. Although I enjoy watching him grow up, it makes me sad that he is not my little baby anymore. :(




Our original plan was to stay at Granny's house after the party, but we realized the key was on Jay's keychain at home, so we ended up driving back to Atlanta. We were disappointed not to stay in Athens, but it just gives us an excuse to come back again soon!

The entire family slept in today and had a lazy morning. I did not get out of bed until 10am! Jay and I have also been impressed that Maggie only woke up ONCE the last TWO nights!! We could get used to that schedule. :)

To end the weekend, we hosted dinner at our house to celebrate my mom's birthday that was last week. I cooked my signature dish: Spicy Sausage Pasta with a Tomato Rosemary Cream Sauce. My mom brought Jay's favorite dessert: Strawberry Shortcake. This was the first time I had cooked for my mom and step-father, and I think it was a success!


Happy Birthday, Gram!

No comments:

Post a Comment