Sunday, August 26, 2012

Parties and Popcorn

I had looked forward to this past Saturday for months. I absolutely LOVE baby showers, and I could not wait to attend two for two very special women in my life. It was also my first day away from my crazy life with two kids, so I was looking forward to a little break. :) Jay was Mr. Mom for the day, and it was his first time with two little rug rats.

The Ashford Park girls and I threw Jamie a surprise shower at our local spa where we were pampered with pedicures. Jamie is having her second boy, so she told us that she did not need a shower. We look for any excuse to get together, so we planned a surprise shower to welcome Baby Brewer. Everyone brought yummy appetizers, and the girls and I loved having some time together to catch up!


I tried a recipe from Pinterest for a strawberry and goat cheese bruschetta. It was DELICIOUS!



Mommy-to-Be 


I left Jamie's shower to head to Val's baby shower at her cousin Chrisi's house. Baby Charles will make his debut in October, and we cannot wait for another baby to join the group. Val's family flew up from Florida, and I always have the best time with them. They are such a fun and loud bunch!

How cute is Prego Val?


The Grandmothers-to-Be

Val's Family from Florida

After my wonderful husband watched two kids all day, I suggested that he stay home while I took the kids to an outdoor movie at our park. Even though the movie started past Tuttle's bedtime, I thought it would be a special treat.  I picked up some Subway for dinner, and after sunset the movie started. While most kids could not sit still, Tuttle was MESMERIZED! At 10pm, I decided it was late enough even though the movie was not over, and I piled the stroller full of two kids and all our bags and headed home.





I love that our neighborhood has started to host events that really bring the community together.

* Maggie went to the movie, but she was either in the Moby Wrap or being passed around so much that I did not snap a picture!

It really was a perfect Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment