Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 1 Success

We successfully made it through our week full week at home as a family of four! Maggie continues to be an easy baby, and she only wakes twice to eat at night, so I am able to really stay energized during the day to take care of two kiddos. 


My mom has come everyday this week to help. We have LOVED having her around, but I think Maggie and Tuttle officially wore her out. She may actually look forward to returning to work on Monday! :)


Maggie Ruth is already quite the socialite. We continued to have visitors come over to meet our little girl. My Ashford Park girlfriends have spoiled us every night with yummy meals, too. I think Jay will be a little disappointed when he has to return to my routine meals next week.



We had our first reality of how difficult two babies can be last night. Although Maggie continued to stay on her schedule, Tuttle developed a runny nose and cough and woke up several times. We finally pulled him into bed with us and played musical children all night. Wake up to feed Maggie, soothe Tuttle back to sleep when he woke up crying, and repeat. 

Quality cuddle time with Daddy



I also witnessed the first signs of jealousy today. Tuttle would announce he wanted to cuddle or wanted me to hold him, and he was not happy to wait for his turn if I was feeding Maggie or rocking her.


One of the biggest treats of the week was our lunch date with Elyse and Dayna today at my house. My mom picked up Verde (YUM!), and we spent four hours catching up and snuggling with Maggie.



Elyse and Dayna win the award for biggest bow for MR!


We will miss Gram's help next week. I seriously doubt my house with stay as clean without her around.


Enjoy your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment