Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Acid Reflux Update

Maggie has been on her new acid reflux medication (Prevacid) for a week now, and she is a COMPLETELY different baby. She is so happy and smiley all the time, she takes regular naps and does not fight going to sleep, and she even slept through the night (7-5:30) with a dream feed around 10pm for the last TWO NIGHTS!


It is very easy to administer the medicine. I simply cut a tablet in half and hold it in her mouth until it dissolves. She gets half in the early morning and the other half around 2pm. You can dissolve it in water in a medicine dispenser, but she tends to spit out medicine given that way.


My mom and I took Maggie to the Marietta Tour of Homes this past Saturday, and she did so well. I knew she loved the carrier, but she was definitely happier than before the medication and showed off her sweet smile to my mom's friends. A stranger even took her picture because she was so cute sleeping in the carrier. :)


One of my favorite changes is the fact that she enjoys riding in the stroller now. She has even fallen asleep in it in several times. I took Tuttle and Maggie on a walk Sunday morning and had the best time taking my two happy and laid back babies around the neighborhood.

Tuttle seems to interact with Maggie more in the past week because she reacts to him so positively with her smiles and giggles. Even in the carseat (which she HATED previously!), I can hear Tuttle tickling her in the backseat, and she will squeal with delight. So SWEET!


Jay and I are thrilled to finally find a solution to the problem and get to know Maggie Ruth more.

No comments:

Post a Comment