Monday, December 24, 2012

Corbitt Christmas 2012

Yesterday my mom hosted the Corbitt Christmas celebration at her and my stepdad's house. She always does the best job organizing a big event with her decorations and yummy food.


Santa is such a focus at Christmas that I have really tried to emphasize that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. Tuttle understands the day is also about the "baby boy" and can point out the wise men in a navitiy scene. Next year he will comprehend the story a little more.
 


Since everyone buys gifts for everyone in my family, I LOVE this particular get together because I start planning gifts in the summer to find the perfect thing for each family member. The tree is always overflowing with gifts, and we open the gifts one by one to see each special surprise.



Maggie was given the first gift to open, so her big brother helped her a little. :)


Tuttle and Maggie both received SO MANY cute things. Tuttle's favorite new toy was a Spiderman action figure that shoots webs. The first things he said to me when I went to get him from his bed this morning was that he wanted to play with his Spiderman toy. This was especially appropriate this morning because he was wearing his new Spiderman pajamas from Larry and Beth.

Tuttle also received a football jacket from Gram and immediately insisted that he wear it. He threw himself on the floor repeatedly declaring that he was doing football moves. :)


My mom cooked delicious chili for dinner after all the present opening. It was complete with sour cream, guacamole, onions, cheese, and jalapenos. Beth also made the best cornbread to accompany the chili. There was definitely TOO MUCH food, and everyone left stuffed. 




I love spending time with my family. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment