Monday, December 17, 2012

Rainy Day Fun

If you know me, you know that I am CONSTANTLY on the move! I love taking the kids to the park, having playdates with friends, visiting the library, and trying out new kid attractions around town. So it is very unusual to have a day devoted to playing at the house. Since today is rainy and cold, I kept the kids home and found some fun things to do around the house.

Early this morning Tuttle and Maggie watched me make yummy oatmeal banana muffins from scratch. I have already eaten two. :)

Next the kids helped me wrap some Christmas presents. Tuttle used his kid scissors to cut scraps of paper, Ellie loved holding and examining the shiny bows, and Maggie was 100% focused on her brother.

Finally before naptime, Ellie and Tuttle finger painted in the bathtub. This was a huge hit for both of them. Maggie missed out on the fun because she was napping in her swing. The babies used red and green paint to stay festive!







Tuttle thought cleaning the walls with a wash cloth was as much fun as making the mess! Both the babies and the tub were rubbed clean in a matter of minutes. Successful morning at the Thorne house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment