Thursday, February 28, 2013

Funny Toddler Talk

While I recognize that I probably find Tuttle much funnier than people who are not his parent do, I have been cracking up at some things he has been saying lately. I want to make sure I do not forget his clever comebacks! :)


1. If I ask him to go potty before we go somewhere or before going to sleep, he will attempt to go, but if he cannot successfully potty, he will shout from the bathroom, "Thanks for trying." Obviously his teacher says this to students at school during the potty break. She cracked up laughing when I told her that he does this consistantly.

2. Yesterday after running into a pregnant friend, I asked Tuttle if he wanted Mommy to have another baby. He responded, "No more babies. Enough. Sorry, Mommy."

3. Before Maggie was born, I explained to Tuttle that he could not give her anything to eat because she did not have any teeth. Apparently this idea took on a new meaning because Maggie cannot do anything that Tuttle can do because she has no teeth (go to school, use the potty, watch a televison show.) Furthermore other people, like Grandaddy or Grumps, cannot do particular activities because they don't have any teeth according to Tuttle. To clarify, Grandaddy and Grumps have all their teeth.

Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment