Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our Busy Weekend

The babies and I started the weekend with a little party Friday evening to celebrate Valentine's Day with my girlfriends and their babies. Val helped me host at my house, and everyone was asked to bring a Pinterest-inspried dessert. I picked up a few appetizers from Costco to balance all the sugar, too.


I made a raspberry ice cream dessert with Cool Whip, vanilla, frozen raspberries, and sugar. It was super easy to make and very refreshing. :)


I had the best time catching up with the girls. Tuttle was allowed to stay up WAY past his bedtime to play with Connor, and he loved every minute. He chased her all over the house trying to kiss her, but she insisted that he not kiss her on the mouth!





Everyone insisted we get together more often. I agree 100%!

We let Jay sleep in Saturday morning and went to watch Stella's basketball game. Stella and Dylan are the children I began nannying when I was pregnant with Tuttle. I continued to watch them off and on while Tuttle was a baby as well as the summer I was pregnant with Maggie. I absolutely love these kids, and I am so happy that we are still a part of their lives.


It amazes me how much Tuttle has grown since I met Stella and Dylan. Now he really interacts with them on a friend level. Tuttle is always ready to jump in with the big kids.



Tuttle was extremely interested in the basketball game. He actually sat in his chair and watched almost the entire time. I think I may sign him up next year at the YMCA to play on his own team.


Stella was surprised when I offered to let her hold Maggie. I wish Stella was old enough to babysit!


I look forward to more adventures with Stella and Dylan. I want to make sure they are always important friends in our lives.

Today was Jay's first day being a usher at church. We signed up to volunteer in different areas of the church, and ushering was Jay's pick. He has committed to the third Sunday of every month. I snapped a few pictures of the kids while we waited for their nursery teachers to arrive. Our entire family is really enjoying church, and I am thrilled that it is becoming habit that we attend each week. I have not missed a Sunday at church in eight weeks!



It has been a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment