Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Mother's Day Memories

I had my best Mother's Day weekend ever this year. Jay was the best to encourage the celebration to last for two days instead of only Sunday.

My mom and I spent the day together on Saturday. I planned a trifecta of spots around Brookhaven to relax and have a chance to really catch up without any interruptions (also know as children!)

Lunch was our first stop at Souper Jenny's. We grabbed a table on the patio and ate way too much.


Unfortunately my favorite spot, Treat Your Feet, was completely booked on Saturday, but we went for pedicures and splurged on the deluxe option. It was perfect! My mom leaves for a European riverboat cruise in a few weeks, so it was a great treat to get her toes ready for that adventure.

Our final spot was dessert at Sweet Hut. We loaded up a tray and even picked out some surprises for Jay, Grumps, and the kids. I loved spending the day with my mom. Our relationship is so special, and I could not ask for a better mother to celebrate.

The amazing weekend continued with sleeping in on Mother's Day. Jay took the kids for breakfast and returned with breakfast in bed for me as well as a huge balloon Maggie picked out and tulips (my favorite!). My idea of a perfect day is staying in pajamas all day and sleeping. My dream came true with a three hour nap with Jacob. I did not have to do laundry, referee any arguments, or put the kids to bed. I felt so appreciated all day, and I cannot believe I get to be the mommy to three precious babies.



The anxiety of May has come down. No more projects, homework, or tests. We did it!



No comments:

Post a Comment