Saturday, May 11, 2019

Writing, Muffins, and Round 2

This week was filled with fun events for every Thorne child. Miraculously nothing overlapped, so I was able to attend each activity and soak in all the excitement. :)

Maggie was eager to share her book series with me at the Author's Tea at school. She has been working on her books about her main character, Jane, for a while now and had completed about 18 books about her adventures. I love the transition Tuttle and Maggie have shown in first grade. They both transformed into real readers and writers.



Jacob and Maggie filled their plates high with treats after the readings. It was such a sweet way to start our day!


Jacob pretended he was a real student at the big school. I know he will be walking into his own class before I can blink.


Our Friday morning was packed with events for the boys. Jacob's class hosted the mommies for muffins at drop-off. He also gave me some precious preschool art to celebrate Mother's Day. He quickly lost interest in the muffins and juice and joined the other boys in a dinosaur war at the Lego table. That worked for me because I had to go straight to Field Day Round 2 for Tuttle.




I was nervous to miss Tuttle's competitions with Jacob's Muffins with Moms, but I arrived just in time. Tuttle has a more laid back approach to Field Day than Maggie (fierce competitor), so I love observing the differences between my two kids. I think I need to take in a little more of Tuttle's attitude, so I do not become "that mom" during the elementary school races. :)




Sadly Tuttle and his buddy took a spill during the three-legged-race, but his third grade class was triumphant on the tug-of-war and won the class trophy. The cutest part was watching Tuttle's sweet teacher jumping up and down with excitement. She had never won the class trophy, and I think it made her year!


The day was complete with a four hour swim at James and Sam's pool. It has become a tradition after Field Day and other special school events to meet at the pool, and we could not be happier to be included.



Maggie could only swim for a short time before heading to the gym, but the highlight of my week was witnessing our girl get her kip during practice. The entire gym was cheering for our little athlete, and I know it will only fuel her to get more of the skills she needs to advance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment