Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

We had a very fun, but exhausting weekend! On Saturday after Tuttle's swim lesson and a nap, we headed to Jon Poole's house for a cookout. Tuttle was definitely showing off all day! He was walking all over the house and getting into everything. Jay and I spotted him up the stairs AT LEAST twenty times! 

Jon recently got engaged to Stephanie in GREECE! They really are the best couple, and we cannot wait for their wedding next year!
Jay let me dress Tuttle just like him! I love dressing my little boy like a little man! :)

Much to Tuttle's disappointment, the bottle was empty!
 

We were thinking Tuttle would be into baseball like his daddy, but maybe we have a football star on our hands???
 
After Tuttle's nap at Jon's house, Kristin and Justin arrived with Connor. Tuttle is always excited to see his girlfriend. We approve of his choice, too. Her little voice is absolutely adorable. When I asked her, "Who is your boyfriend?" She replied, "Tuttle my boyfriend." I caught them kissing when Tuttle had to leave. How cute!


  Tuttle loves to read on his own now. His favorite book is currently a Little People Lift the Flap book. He laughs every time he discovers a hidden animal. I was a complete book worm as a kid, so I hope he takes after his mommy!


For Father's Day, we were looking forward to Jay running in the Father's Day Four Miler at Turner Field. He ran it last year and had been training for it after work each night. When we got home from Jon's cookout, I suggested that Jay check his time from last year and make a new goal. He pulled up the website and discovered the race had taken place that morning! He had missed it and was extremely disappointed!! :( Neither one of us even considered that a FATHER'S DAY FOUR MILER would not be on Father's Day! Bummer!

Therefore, we had to think of a replacement plan for the next day. Jay suggested that we go to Waffle House in our pajamas. :)




Our yummy spread! All low calorie! :)



While our breakfast does not fit with my "Get Ready for the Beach" plan, it was DELICIOUS! I hope our Waffle House Pajama Breakfast becomes a family tradition!

After Tuttle's nap, Jay's parents and sister came over to visit. Tuttle's absolute favorite person in the world is his grandaddy! He smiles so big and practically jumps from my arms to him every time.
Tuttle spotted Aunt Peach's popsicle. It didn't stand a chance!

It has turned into a family tradition (even before I was in the picture) to eat at the Buckhead Diner when Jay's parents are in town. Unfortunately, Tuttle did not cooperate, and I had to get my meal to go. I guess we have officially entered the phase of no restaurants with the baby. :)

 We had a wonderful weekend! Happy Father's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know Jon was engaged. That is awesome! So happy for you guys! Tuttle has such amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete