Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend of Dates

This weekend Jay and I were spoiled with both sets of grandparents babysitting Tuttle, so we could have some mini dates!

On Saturday, after Tuttle's first swim lesson, I dropped him off at my mom's for the day. Jay and I have been craving Goldfish sushi for the longest time, so we decided this was the perfect opportunity to enjoy a delicious lunch. I always order the same thing: the Kyoto roll and the creamy macaroni-and-cheese! It is to die for! This was my meal request after 19 hours of labor and no food!! :)

We went back to my mom's for a yummy southern dinner that night: fried chicken, fried okra, creamed corn, butter beans, biscuits, and homemade peach ice cream. Needless to say, I looked six month pregnant after all the food that day!!
Today, Jay's parents came to see Tuttle at our place. We used this opportunity to go to the Virginia Highlands Summerfest. Despite the heat, we had the best time!!



Jay and I love cruising the artist booths at any festival. We especially enjoyed it this year because we are dreaming of original artwork for our future home purchase. We took a lot of business cards to review once we move, so we can add some real character to the house!


I think Jay's favorite part of the festival was eating an Arnold Palmer Popsicle from the King of Pops. It was my first time experiencing this Atlanta classic, and I understand all the hype now! Yum!





As you can see in the pictures, I chopped off my long hair for a cute summer cut! I am loving it, and I may actually style it each day instead of the classic ponytail or wet braid! 

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful, but HOT, summer weather!

1 comment:

  1. very cute blog! Will you help me with mine? It is not so cute. I love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete