Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Part II

We celebrated Thanksgiving for the second time on Saturday with my family. Jay, Tuttle, and I arrived at my aunt and uncle's house around halftime during the Georgia/Georgia Tech game. Gooooo Dawgs!

Tuttle cuddled with his great-grandmother for a minute, but he rarely wants to sit still for long. 


My family is pretty small, and everyone is very close. We all live in the Atlanta area, except my cousin, her husband, and their seven month old daughter, Gwen. The babies were definitely the stars of the show. When Gwen woke up from her nap, she was very interested in Tuttle's hair. Tuttle did not seem to mind her pulling on it a little bit. Good practice for the next baby! :)


 
We ate another delicious Thanksgiving meal. This one has my favorites: mashed potatoes, my grandmother's dressing recipe, sweet potatoes with marshmellows, corn souffle, and rolls. Deviled eggs are my normal contribution, but I have decided all eggs are plotting against me to not cook thoroughly. I have cooked a batch at least six times in the last month, and they are NEVER finished! 


Tuttle does not last long at the table, so I took him outside to play while everyone else finished their food. He was in HEAVEN! 



We have a lot of November birthdays in our family. Presents are always opened after the big meal. Jay even snuck in this year even though his birthday is at the end of December. :)

Robb and Gwen

Jay catching up with my cousin, Anne. 
She does it all-teaches writing to several classes at Kennesaw, grades milions of papers (the things I miss least about teaching) and is working on her novel!!

Gram sharing her banana pudding with Tuttle. Yum!!

My little boy has a clear obsession with anything musical. Once he spotted my uncle's guitar, there was no going back. Larry let Tuttle strum along with him for a little while. I pulled out my old guitar today, and it was a huge hit!

 
I cannot wait to see everyone again at Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now seeing this, but I love it! Great pictures (especially with Tuttle and Gwen). Loved our time together!

    -Anne

    ReplyDelete