Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July Fun!

The fourth of July is my favorite holiday all year, so I was really looking forward to this weekend. I really do not know why I love the holiday so much. I guess it might just be the relaxed atmosphere in the summertime and the cute red, white, and blue fashion!

Since the fourth fell on a Monday this year, we really had our big celebration on Sunday night and Monday morning. Paul and Val agreed to watch Tuttle while Jay and I ran the Peachtree Road Race, so we packed up and went to Paul's house on Sunday night to grill out. 

 
Paul is the ABSOLUTE grill master with his Green Egg, so we knew we were in for a treat! I made the sides (green bean casserole and baked corn on the cob) and a scrumptious dessert (fresh blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream). 


Martha Stewart came, too!

Paul and Val have done such a fantastic job with their home, and our entire family loves visiting. Aside from the relentless Georgia mosquitoes, we especially admired the backyard and cannot wait for a backyard of our own!




Tuttle never misses a chance to eat off Daddy's plate!

This morning, we woke up bright and early to go to the Peachtree Road Race. It was Jay's seventh race and my second. Luckily, Jay was able to get in a higher group, so he was among real runners and could really move! I did not mind being in a slow group at all because I was not sure what kind of performance I could give. :)

Paul and Val loaded Tuttle up and took him to watch the runners. Unfortunately neither Jay nor I found them in the crowd, but it was probably for the best because Tuttle might have lost it if I had run up to see him and then run away again. He is such a momma's boy!!


Val and Paul are going to make such GREAT parents!!
 

Tuttle's view from the stroller, but Val said he was most interested in his Goldfish snack! Hehe
 
I was VERY proud of my finishing time, but Jay was disappointed with his. He has been battling a hurt foot all week, and he still finished in about 50 minutes! I think that is something to brag about!! I finished in just under 75 minutes.  

After the race, we discussed going to the pool or the park, but ultimately decided lazing around the house and taking naps was the best idea!
Happy Fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment