Friday, July 15, 2011

Hilton Head, Part III

Day 3 of our beach vacation started off with an 80 minute massage for me at the AMAZING hotel spa. It was absolute Heaven, and I continuously fell asleep during it because I was so relaxed. I had to keep reminding myself to stay awake, so I could actually feel the massage! Haha

After lunch, Jay and I rode bikes with Tuttle around town. It was Tuttle's first time on a bike, and he loved it! We rode to Coligny Square, snacked on ice cream, and cruised back. We estimated that we rode about seven miles, so hopefully that balanced out all the food we ate that day! 


 
That night, we opted out of the group dinner because it did not start until 7:45, and it would have been a disaster with Tuttle. I convinced Jay that we needed some traditional "beach pictures." Unfortunately, no one was available to take a family picture, so we asked a stranger. I cannot begin to describe how bad our one family beach picture was: out of focus, crooked, we were not looking at the camera, and we were barely in the shot. Needless to say, I did not keep that photo. Here are some of the winners! :)




 
Our last day at the beach, Jay was able to play in a golf tournament. I know he wishes he was able to play more, so I hope it inspired him to keep playing now that we are home. Plus, he looks super cute in his golf gear!
It was also our THREE YEAR ANNIVERSAY! Grandmommy and Grandaddy watched Tuttle, so we could go out for a romantic dinner. I opted to only bring the little camera, so we would not have much to carry around. Much to my disappointment, I pulled it out to take the perfect picture of us at dinner overlooking the marina, the battery was dead! The food definitely made up for it: fried calamari, crab bisque for me, seafood gumbo for Jay, seared sea scallops with a spicy crab sauce for me, and surf and turf for Jay. It was our best meal at the beach. We ended the night with creme brulee from the hotel. Yum!!

I could not be more lucky to have married Jay. He is the best husband, father, and friend possible. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him and continuing to share important milestones together! I love you, mooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment