Thursday, July 26, 2012

Introducing Margaret Ruth!

On Monday, July 23 we headed to the hospital around 10pm to prepare to be induced early Tuesday morning. Our little girl had other plans! At midnight, my water broke on its own. By 2am, I was more than ready for an epidural. I did not have a bad experience with the epidural during Tuttle's birth, but this time it took perfectly! I could not feel a thing, but I could still move my legs easily.

The original plan was to receive my epidural at 6am and for the doctor to break my water at 7am. I told my mom to be at the hospital around 8am. I called her at 6:30am and told her to hurry because I was fully dilated! We had expected to meet Margaret Ruth by 5pm, but she wanted to arrive at the party early. After pushing THREE TIMES, we met the most perfect little girl to ever be born at 7:56am. :) She weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and was 20 inches in length.




Because the delivery was so easy, I was eager to have visitors at the hospital. Maggie Ruth was the talk of the town and has already met many of her admirers. The nurses could not get over all her outfit changes and big bows!





Zanna was in town to meet Maggie Ruth!


My Aunt, Beth

My cousin, Anne

Brittany and David even came to hold our little girl! :)

Tuttle was a little apprehensive about meeting his baby sister. I think it was a combination of seeing his mommy in the hospital bed with an IV and all the commotion with doctors, nurses, and visitors. He was not interested in Maggie Ruth, but he did love walking the halls with Gram. We did not force the issue since it is a lot for a two year old to understand.



A certain little girls already has Daddy wrapped around her finger!


Jay and I were ready to go home, especially since I felt GREAT (no soreness at all). We were eager to start living as a family of four.



The minute we walked into the house with Baby Maggie, Tuttle warmed up to the newest member of the family. He wanted to check her out in the carseat and immediately asked to hold her! It melted my heart to see him so eager to interact because the hospital introduction had made me very nervous about him adjusting.




Welcome Home, Margaret Ruth. We love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment