Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tuttle's Favorite Things

Tuttle is at SUCH a fun age right now. He is really understanding any directions we give him and has really developed his own likes and dislikes. I want to remember some of his favorite things to do right now because he is growing up WAY too fast!

1. He loves to watch shows on his DVD player. I try to limit it to breakfast (so I can grab a shower and possibly dry my hair!) and sometimes a little bit in the late afternoon or before bed. He is OBSESSED with Curious George, Super Why, and Little Einsteins. Since we do not own a television, I pick up DVDs with various episodes at Target for about $5 a disk. After each episode, he always says, "More, please!"


2. I moved his train table back to the front of his playroom, and now he wakes up asking to play with his trains. He is getting really good at putting together multiple train cars and moving them around the track. He is very particular in picking which cars are acceptable to use. He does not approve of using the face trains in his cargo lineup-they are only for the front of the train. :) I will hear "All Aboard!" repeatedly when he is playing with the train table.

3. One of his new favorite games is playing monkey in the zoo with the laundry basket flipped upside down. He is a hungry monkey that always wants his play food to be handed through the holes. He is also very picky about what food I offer him. He usually will accept the cheese, cookie, and cucumbers.

4. Ever since we finished his big boy bed, he has really enjoyed looking at books in his room. He will lounge in his bed or on the floor and carefully examine his favorites. He really likes the Curious George collection (The Toy Store chapter is the one he requests if I am reading), his Richard Scarry vehicle book, Green Eggs and Ham, Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site (read by Daddy), and a zoo animal lift the flap book. He insists on taking a book to nap or bed at night. I was such a book worm, so I can relate!


5. He is very interested in all kinds of balls. He will tap his baseball bat and stand ready to hit a home run. I have to be accurate in my throw because he does not actually swing, but he loves to prepare for a big hit. He loves his plastic golf club set and will hit the golf balls all over the house.

6. He likes to pretend sleep and will ask for a pillow, his Shookie, and for the lights be to turned off. He frequently wants me to lay beside him and will get a pillow and Shookie for me, too!

7. Tuttle still is very engrossed with music. He likes to turn on a barn toy with animals playing instruments and play along with his drum, pretend guitar, or egg shakers. He cheers when each song finishes. :) We cannot wait to start him on the piano as soon as he is old enough.

8. Jay and I are impressed with how well he entertains himself. I am so happy that he has that skill because I think it is very important for kids to be independent.

I love my little boy to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment