Thursday, June 14, 2012

Family Update

We have a lot going on in the Thorne household. First of all, we only have a little over FIVE WEEKS until our little girl makes us a family of four. I am getting induced the week of July 22. 


Jay and I have made the commitment to teach Tuttle good table manners now. We have been eating more as a family and requiring Tuttle to try all the foods on his plate and use his utensils properly. Tuttle responds to Jay's directions VERY WELL. Our little boy seems so proud of himself when Jay praises him. It is really sweet. Jay is very clear on his expectations. I am still in shock how many green beans went into Tuttle's tummy tonight. I am taking childcare tips from him for a change! :)

Jay is still hard at work on Tuttle's room. The wall color (slate blue) is done and looks FANTASTIC! The project is taking a while to complete because Jay is being meticulous. He has painted the ceiling and is about the begin on the trim. I cannot wait to share pictures of the final product! I am extremely lucky to have a husband that takes our home repairs so seriously and tackles them himself.

I have officially hit a pregnancy wall. I did not experience this with Tuttle at all, but I am exhausted and uncomfortable ALL THE TIME. I can only get somewhat comfortable by sleeping on the couch. My tiredness also conflicts with my nesting instinct. I want to clean and organize everything! I need to adjust my attitude about it because I still have over a month before Maggie Ruth's arrival!! Luckily, I am only work 2.5 days, so I am able to take it easy at home most of the time and enjoy the last few weeks with only one baby. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to work part time and have Tuttle with me all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are so uncomfortable! I'm just a hop skip and a jump away if you need help with anything at all! So exciting that you guys are so close to meeting your new baby girl! So happy for the Thorne family! XO - Kate

    ReplyDelete