Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Celebration

Jay's one request for Father's Day this year was for the family to cheer him on at the Father's Day Four Miler at Turner Field. We were so excited to go! We left the house at 6:30 to get to the stadium for the big event! After the start of the race, Tuttle and I went into the stadium to wait for Jay to cross the finish line on the field.

* I packed my big camera bag to capture the day only to discover my SD card was still in the computer when I got to Turner Field! Luckily, Jay's phone takes a pretty good picture.


Tuttle is EXTREMELY into baseball right now, so he was in heaven with all the Braves decor. I think he is ready for Daddy to take him to a game because he was very focused on the field.


We cheered for all the runners as they finished. Jay is the one in all black! :)


Jay's goal was the finish in under thirty minutes. Keep in mind that amounts to less than an eight minute mile on a very hilly course. It makes me tired just thinking about it! Well, he actually finished in 27:50!!!
We are so proud of you, Daddy!


We refueled at J. Christopher's afterwards. I love our neighborhood because we always run into friends although we live in Atlanta. It really has a suburban feel to it. :) It is also getting much easier to take a toddler to a restaurant. We are not stuffing food in our mouth before a baby meltdown and can actually enjoy a conversation!


Happy Father's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment